PLEASE NOTE - AN ILOK IS REQUIRED FOR AUTHORISATION. REFUNDS WILL NOT BE GRANTED FOR CUSTOMERS THAT PURCHASE AND DO NOT OWN AN ILOK.
Pure DExpander v3 is carefully designed to de-expand the audio material by magnifying the space information and enhancing the low levels of the material by amplifying the signal below the threshold instead of making all audio under a certain threshold quieter. This results in a more compact and louder signal without giving the material a harsh and processed sound, instead keeping an organic character to the material.
Processing And Workflow
In addition to the more common dynamics processing controls (ratio, attack, release, etc), Pure DExpander v3 provide control over the essential dynamics profile it uses, all in order to offer the user full control over the processing even in the most demanding situations.
Two parameters are provided that are kind of unique to dynamics processing; Dynamics Ratio and Level Independent Detection (L.I.D), using the dynamic range content of the signal and not just the signal levels as standard processors do.
Dynamics Ratio is controlling the amount of auto-ratio determined by the signal dynamics and the manual ratio setting. This literally opens the sound, increases the dynamic impression and keeps some crest by adjusting, in real time, the ratio of every dynamic processing section in regards to both the current ratio settings and the signal content (mainly dynamic range).
Level Independent Detection (L.I.D) controls the amount of auto-threshold determined by the signal dynamics and the manual threshold value, providing processing of the audio signal independently of the sound level and instead in regards to the signal dynamic range. A Maximum mode can be engaged on the L.I.D control, allowing for processing that accounts for the maximum values of both the standard and the L.I.D detection schemes.
Pure DExpander v3 is available in both 32 and 64 bits, sample rates up to 384 KHz are supported and processing of up to 8 channels for surround/multichannel work is provided.
When operating on a multi-channel bus all channels are processed by default, but the processing can be disengaged for any number of channels leaving the material unprocessed and bypassing the original sound. By doing this in combination with serial instances the material on any number of channels can be processed with individual settings.
Signal Processing Features
- Input/Output gain controls for adjusting the levels before and after processing.
- Phase invert of the processed signal.
- Dry Mix control (Dry/Wet with gain compensation) allowing for parallel processing or for blending some of the original "peak" into the processed signal.
- Clipper, a discrete peak limiter at the very last stage of the processing chain rounding off the peaks smooth and musically.
- Bypass routes the incoming signal direct to the output for a true smooth transition between processed and clean signal.
Preset and Parameter Handling
To enhance the workflow the two Preset/Parameter slots, A and B, can be loaded with two full set of parameters at the same time. Apart from saving each preset, a "Global Preset" containing both the A and B settings, and the position of the "Morphing Slider", can be saved.
Parameter Morphing Slider with Automation
The Morphing Slider provides morphing between the parameter settings of slot A/B allowing for really creative and useful real-time tweaking. Enabling the Automation control button exposes the Morphing Slider to the host automation.
Pure DExpander v3 is available in:
- AU / VST / AAX Native / AAX DSP / AAX AudioSuite
- Merging VS3 MassCore/Native**
Pure DExpander v3, as all Flux:: plug-ins, provide
- Up to 8 channels Input/Output.
- 64-bits internal floating point processing.
- Sampling rate up to 384 kHz DXD (Pyramix & Ovation MassCore/Native)**
- Sampling rate up to 192 kHz for Native (AU/VST/AAX/AAX AudioSuite).
All major native formats as well as AVID AAX DSP are supported
- Windows - XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 8,1 all in both 32 and 64 bits*.
- VST (2.4)
- AAX Native/DSP*
- AAX AudioSuite*
- Merging VS3 (Only in Windows 7 32/64 bits)**
- Mac OS X (Intel) - 10.7, 10.8, 10.9 and 10.10 in both 32 and 64 bits*.
- VST (2.4)
- AAX Native/DSP*
- AAX AudioSuite*
* Pure DExpander v3 AAX Native/DSP & AAX AudioSuite supports 32 bit in Pro Tools 10.3.5 and 64 bit in Pro Tools 11.
**VS3 32/64 bit versions for Pyramix 9 & Ovation Native/MassCore available only through Merging Technologies
Due to AVID ProTools changing to AAX, from Version 3 (v3) RTAS for AVID ProTools is no longer supported.
Software Licence Requirements
In order to use the software one of the following alternatives is required
- An iLok.com user account (the iLok USB Smart Key is not required).
- A Flux:: USB Dongle (Available in our online store).