- top rated
'Until trying the TimewARP 2600, I hadn't found any analog modelling synth that could do what real analog can do'Robert Rich. Robert Rich is a noted ambient/electronic recording artist and sound designer
'TimewARP 2600 "Kicks A$$!" None fatter exists on the planet.....'Huston Singletary. Composer, producer, and sound designer Huston Singletary cut his teeth in Atlanta's recording scene with producers like Babyface and Teddy Riley. Singletary is now developing new artists at both his current home studio and Smith & Huston Productions.web site
'TimewARP 2600 stands up to the test. It is capable of reproducing all the classic sounds and then some. Again, TimewARP 2600 Kicks A$$'Huston Singletary. Composer, producer, and sound designer Huston Singletary cut his teeth in Atlanta's recording scene with producers like Babyface and Teddy Riley. Singletary is now developing new artists at both his current home studio and Smith & Huston Productions.web site
Way Out Ware presents the one and only ARP 2600 emulation endorsed by the original ARP 2600 inventor!
For nearly 4 decades, the ARP 2600 has helped to provide the backbone for electronic, urban, and popular music. Today, musicians and producers aggressively pursue the limited number of remaining ARP 2600 synthesizers for their distinctive warmth and unmatched fidelity. The TimewARP 2600 delivers the same fat sound with twice the flexibility; at a fraction of the price of the original. This is one synth that you can't afford to be without.
A Miracle of Science!
By developing their own proprietary and optimized virtual analog oscillators and filters, WOW brings the most accurate digital reproduction of the 2600's fat analog sound to your desktop. All of the original control features from the ARP 2600 are there, and because you can now save your carefully programmed patches, the TimewARP 2600 is even better than the real thing!
The ARP 2600 synthesizer helped define the music of an era. Edgar Winter's "Frankenstein," The Who's "Who Are You," The Tubes, Jean Michel Jarre, Deep Purple, and on and on. Only 3,000 ARP 2600's were produced between 1970 and 1981, and they've been trading hands among collectors for thousands of dollars ever since.
Benchmark Filter Design
The success of any great analog synthesizer emulation relies on accurately modeling the behavior of the Voltage Controlled Filter module. Not a trivial task, WOW has created a new industry benchmark with its TimewARP 2600 digital VCF. It must be heard to be believed.
Extensive Patch Manager
There is no limit to the number of patches you can create and save with the TimewARP 2600. In addition to comprehensive import and export abilities, we also include a sophisticated Patch Manager for sorting your presets any way you want. The TimewARP 2600 also responds to MIDI bank-select and patch-select commands for total control.
Use As Part Of An Effects Chain
Utilize the signal input/output function on any ProTools I/O bridge to use the TimewARP 2600 like an elaborate signal effects processor.
Plug in a guitar, microphone or other sound source to provide an additional signal feed to be used in the TimewARP as an oscillator, LFO modulator, control voltage and more. Use the synthesizer as an effect to process the input. Create one-of-a-kind vocoder effects. For example, Pete Townsend used this ability to drive the guitar sound in The Who's "Who Are You."
Trigger From MIDI Tracks
Running as a track plug-in, the TimewARP 2600 can also process prerecorded MIDI tracks. Under MIDI control, the Internal Clock may be synchronized to an incoming MIDI Beat Clock.
Evolving Textural Patches
The TimewARP 2600 comes loaded with hundreds of great patches right out of the box, and due to the TimewARP's unique sonic environment, you can create "evolving textural patches."
8 Voice Polyphony
The original ARP 2600 was a monophonic instrument. But those days are over. Sure you can play the TimewARP 2600 in monophonic mode, but you'll have more fun playing all of those classic patches with multiple voices for the first time.
Virtual Patch Cables
The TimewARP 2600 features Virtual Patch Cables to help you construct all of the 2600's distinctive sounds with an intuitive interface that works just like the original. Simply "grab" a cable and plug it in where needed—the TimewARP 2600 will automatically mimic the proper effect in real time.
The TimewARP 2600 sets a new standard for soft-synth live performance by providing incredibly smooth sounding sliders and controls. Tweak any and every knob on our control surface to hear what is now possible in real-time sound manipulation.
Extensive Velocity and Aftertouch Control
Besides globally assigning any slider, knob or switch to a MIDI controller, you can also extensively fine tune the velocity and/or aftertouch parameters of incoming keyboard events. The control's response curve can be set to respond as linear, exponential, or logarithmic with an option to invert the polarity. You can also set custom range limits for any parameter.
And for the sonic maniac, an unlimited number of TimewARP 2600 sliders, knobs or controls can be assigned to respond to a single MIDI control.
- 3 VCOs - all capable of generating audio band and Low Frequency (LF) signals
- 1 Lo-Pass Resonant Filter - supports variable-depth self-oscillation and audio band and LF control modulation
- 1 Sample & Hold - driven by either an internal, external, or MIDI Beat Clock. Can also be used as LFO source
- 1 Ring Modulator
- 1 Noise Generator - adjustable from white to red noise.2 Envelope Generators - 1 ADSR, 1 AR
- 1 Envelope Follower
- 1 VCA - 2 audio inputs, 1 linear control input, 1 exponential control input. Also has initial gain control
- 4 plug multiple module
- Stereo Reverb
- Output Pan
- Electronic Switch
- Lag Processor - LF filtering from 1.2 to 1200Hz
- 2 Inverter Modules - both with attenuable inputs
- Preamp In - mono or stereo
- Virtual ARP 3620 Keyboard
- Variable-rate portamento, octave switch, pitch bend, LFO controls including delayed sine wave vibrato depth and speed
- LFO Outputs - include square, triangle, and sine waves
- External LFO-In - allows keyboard voltages to be modulated by any signal present on the TimewARP 2600
- Interval Latch Switch - will latch a two note interval for use as single key play
- 2 Upper Voice Outputs
- Multiple or Single Trigger Mode - provides for single or multiple gates for slurred notes
- Keyboard Repeat Mode - provides auto repeat or repeat on key-press synchronized to keyboard LFO and MIDI Beat Clock
- Square wave is syncable to MIDI Beat Clock
- Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, or Vista
- Pentium IV 1.5 GHz Processor or AMD 1500 XP
- MME Compatible Audio Hardware ASIO Compatible Audio Hardware Recommended
- Minimum 512mb RAM 2GB Recommended
- A VST or RTAS compatible host application
- 1024x768 Screen Resolution
- OS X Version 10.4.1 or higher
- Intel Based Processor
- Minimum 512mb RAM 2GB Recommended
- A VST, AU or RTAS compatible host application
- 1024x768 Screen Resolution
Can this second in-depth software emulation of the ARP 2600 improve on Arturia's existing 2600V? This new instrument from Californian company...
Way Out Ware is a relatively new company to the world of software synthesis, but they bring to the table a leap forward in synth emulation...
Time to review another plugin, yet ANOTHER virtual version of an analog classic. Jim Heintz over at Way Out Ware did some secret ninja circuit...