"Filters, phase reverse, gain: these are essential features that I use on every mix. Add the Tilt option and this plugin becomes essential on every channel."Brad Wood. Producer & Engineer (Smashing Pumpkins, Liz Phair, Pete Yorn).
"This Tilt EQ really is a quick, one-knob fixer. I'm finding it very easy to get a fast, great sounding result and a lot of times at festivals and such, speed is of the essence. "John Kerns. FOH Engineer (Sum 41, No Doubt, etc).
"My new addiction is the Tonelux Tilt. How brilliant is Paul Wolff?"Joe Chiccarelli. Mixer/Engineer/Producer for Beck, U2, The Strokes, Elton John, etc.
Go from shimmering bright to warm and wide with a twist of a knob! The Tonelux Tilt plug-in is a fast and easy way of making a track sit better in a mix or make it sound "warmer" or "cooler". It's also perfect in a live situation where you need to tweak the whole mix to adjust for ear fatigue.
You may want to put Tonelux Tilt first on all your channels. It includes all the controls you need for a quick and rough setting before you get into the details - and it's quite possible you will find that Tilt was all your track needed to find its place in the mix.
The Tilt filter does precisely what the name says - if you activate it and turn the control knob clockwise, it will attenuate the lows and boost the highs. Go counterclockwise, and the opposite happens - the sound gets fatter and darker. Turn on or off the Loud switch to make the effect stronger or back to keep it more subtle. So by the twist of a single knob, you give your sound a basic and nice sounding frequency trimming.
Move on to the gentle and natural sounding high and low pass filters, that are sweepable and switchable from -6dB to -12 dB per octave. Finally, you will find a polarity reversal switch and a gain knob. See? All you need for a basic rough setting of each and every channel! Softube's model of Tonelux Tilt also includes modeling of the transformer found in the Tonelux MP1a mic preamp. The transformer adds a subtle distortion for bass frequencies which fattens up the low end of a track.
The Tilt plug-in is a joint development effort between Tonelux designer Paul Wolff and Softube, bringing the famous Tonelux sound to the digital world. The innovative Tilt design was first featured on the Tonelux MP1a discrete mic preamp module and has been a godsend for engineers and producers that need to take control of their sound in a fast and effective manner.
A special "Live" version of the Tilt plug-in is included, which is optimized for Digidesign VENUE and other live systems and contains features requested by live sound engineers.
- Get the basic sound in place with a single knob
- High and Low Pass filters, with 12 dB/oct option
- Modeled output transformer distortion
- Created together with original Tonelux designer Paul Wolff
- Tilt Live plug-in included, optimized for live sound engineers
- Very CPU friendly
Version 2.0 of the Softube plug-ins have the following minimum requirements:
All Native Versions:
- Mac OS X 10.9 or newer
- Windows 64-bit, versions 8 or 10
- Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer
- Screen resolution larger than 1280x800
- 1 GB RAM or more, and at least 6 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space)
- Any VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (Pro Tools 10.3.7, 11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application
- Softube/Gobbler account
- Gobbler application to manage license activation and plug-in downloads
- Please make sure that you always use the latest iLok License Manager. It is not included in the Softube installer, but can be downloaded from www.ilok.com
- Broadband internet access for downloading installer and register licenses
Note: All Softube plug-ins support both 32- and 64-bit hosts, although a 64-bit OS is required. Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo.
AAX DSP version:
- For AAX DSP you need to meet the requirements for the Native version. You also need to have an Avid HDX processing card
- Different plug-ins will have a different load on your HDX card, please see the AAX DSP Supported Instances per DSP card for more information
Please note: Windows XP and Vista are no longer officially supported.
You may also like
- top rated