- top rated
"I love the Spring Reverb, which is perfectly trashy, just like the real thing. Frankly, I think it's the most realistic spring reverb out there."Mixerman / Eric Sarafin. Los Angeles based producer, mixer, and author who's worked with the likes of Pharcyde, Terence Trent D’Arby, The Brand New Heavies and many more.
"The Spring Reverb makes me high every time I hear it - and I don't smoke!"Dave Isaac. Recording and mix engineer for Marcus Miller, Dionne Warwick, Stevie Wonder, Aretha Franklin, R Kelly and Luther Vandross. Three-time Grammy winner.
"I have and used an original AKG BX20. The Softube Spring Reverb is so like it, that it is remarkable. I have unplugged my BX and it is now a high table for a lamp"Bil VornDick. Engineer/Producer who's worked on more than 40 Grammy-nominated projects (eight have been Grammy winners).
Spring Reverb is an authentic spring reverb recreation that will add vintage character and grit to any audio track. It also includes novel features such as a fully automatable Shake control that will shake the virtual springs around for those thunderous spring effects. Get some recognizable character in your mix with the Spring Reverb!
When your mix lacks that certain something, Softube's Spring Reverb may very well be it. A spring reverb is built into a lot of classic guitar amplifiers and is consequently often used for guitars. But you wouldn't do it justice to think a reverb of this type was limited to guitars only. It can add a lot of personality and character to a vocal track, a snare drum, percussion, an electric organ or just about anything. It's very much a sound of its own and it will help set your mix apart from the rest.
Plus, there's not only one spring reverb sound. We included a few settings so you can choose which spring reverb character you're after. The number of springs and their tension highly affects the sound and feel, so it's up to you to determine what your track needs. There are also tube-driven Bass and Treble controls to further affect the sound. And if you want that explosive boom you'll get from shaking a true spring reverb (making the springs bounce and slam into each other), we modeled that too.
- Personality and character for your mix
- Tension control to shape the spring character and reverb length
- Number of spring pairs continuously adjustable from 1 to 3
- Tube driver simulation with Bass and Treble in the reverb section
- Shake control that shakes the springs around
- Can be used both as a send and an insert effec
- Very CPU friendly
- Control the number of springs in use. There are three sets of springs in the reverb unit and you can choose how many of the sets you would like to use. Set the control to ONE for a more pronounced springy sound and to THREE for a smoother sound.
- Since we don't want you to smack your computer to get that thunderous springs-being-shaken sound, Spring Reverb features a slider that can be used to accomplish the same thing safely.
- Tunes up or down the tension of all three springs. Adjusting the Tension parameter will change the sound of the strings from slow and smooth (left) to quick and harsh (right). Together with the Springs knob, this control is an excellent tool to change the overall character of the reverb.
Bass, Treble & the Input Stage:
- Authentic tube simulation using the same technology as the Amp Room products on the wet signal.
Version 2.0 of the Softube plug-ins have the following minimum requirements:
All Native Versions:
- Mac OS X 10.9 or newer
- Windows 64-bit, versions 8 or 10
- Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer
- Screen resolution larger than 1280x800
- 1 GB RAM or more, and at least 6 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space)
- Any VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (Pro Tools 10.3.7, 11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application
- Softube/Gobbler account
- Gobbler application to manage license activation and plug-in downloads
- Please make sure that you always use the latest iLok License Manager. It is not included in the Softube installer, but can be downloaded from www.ilok.com
- Broadband internet access for downloading installer and register licenses
- Windows XP and Vista are no longer officially supported
- All Softube plug-ins support both 32- and 64-bit hosts, although a 64-bit OS is required. Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo
AAX DSP version
- For AAX DSP you need to meet the requirements for the Native version. You also need to have an Avid HDX processing card
- Different plug-ins will have a different load on your HDX card, please see the AAX DSP Supported Instances per DSP card for more information
You may also like
- top rated