- top rated
BasiQ is an acronym for Baxandall Simulation Equalizer, a free 3-band equalizer plugin with photorealistic graphics from Kuassa. As the name implies, the engine is modelled after the design of the classic Baxandall Equalizer, well known for its smooth shelves and natural-sounding response, similar to the tone control of hi-fi systems. The simple controls allow you to shape your source material appropriately and concisely, opening up air, applying shimmer, or giving an extra oomph to the low end where needed.
This straight forward equalizer is well suited for both mixing and mastering purposes, though the neutral characteristic of basiQ lends itself as more of a sweetening device or to give a transparent tilt to your mixes, rather than surgical frequency correction. It is best paired on the master channel with the Kratos Maximizer, another audio processing plugin from Kuassa, Inc.
- Simple tone control with large Low, Mid, and High knobs
- Preset Management with 12 preset slots within a single bank
- Mono and Stereo applicable
- Supports up to 96 kHz Sample Rate
- Compact and straightforward user interface
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, or Later (32/64-bit)
- Mac OS 10.5 or later (32/64-bit)
- VST or AU compatible Host Software
Please note that this product is a plugin, a VST/AU compatible host/sequencer is needed to run this software