- top rated
Imagine your track contains lots of hissing, pops, background noise. When you are attempting to do the best job possible you want to take out as much of that noise as you can. There are three main ways to deal with this noise: you can cut out the unnecessary spaces in the audio. You can automate the volume to either mute or turn down the audio. Or you can use the Pro Analogue Modelled Gate.
The Pro Analogue Modelled Gate is a device that acts very similar to a compressor, with one major difference - instead of increasing the volume up in quiet sections, a noise gate reduces the volume. You can see that the main settings on the device are very similar to a compressor.
Similar to a compressor, the threshold determines when the gate is triggered. On a compressor, when the source goes above the threshold, compression is triggered. On the Pro Analogue Modelled Gate, when the source goes below the threshold, the noise gate will clamp down on the audio. Just how much it will lower the volume depends on the amount of reduction that is set. Attack and release, as with compression, need to be set based on the source material..
The Pro Analogue Modelled Gate can also be used as an effect. If you listen to a lot of electronic music, you will no doubt recognize stuttering vocals and synths that pulse in rhythm to the song. While sometimes the effect is managed manually through edits and automation, it is usually created through the use a gate.
- High end sound engine
- Controls for gain, attack/release, range, threshold
- VU Meter
- Presets to get you started
- Professional GUI Design
- Very low CPU usage
- PC running a Windows operating system. VST compatible DAW or VST hosting software
- This plugin is 32bit but can be run on 64bit systems using jBridge
- This plugin also operates within the 64bit versions of Cubase, Nuendo, Bitwig Studio, Reaper, Tracktion, Renoise, FL Studio, Sonar, Mixcraft and Samplitude using their inbuilt bridging
- It is recommended that you always try out the demo before purchases to ensure that the plugin is compatible with your system
- Minimal System Instruments Plugins run on Windows based PC's using a suitable VST host or DAW. Our plugins have been fully tested within Ableton Live, Adobe Audition, Cakewalk Sonar, FL Studio, Energy XT, Presonus Studio One, Renoise, and Cubase
Please note: This plugin is 32bit but can be run on 64bit systems using jBridge