"Softube nailed the 1973. When I first tried it, the first thing I thought was—that's a 1973. Ivor thinks it's great too! He's got absolutely no issues at all."Kieron Clough. Product Manager, Drawmer.
"I've used it now on at least 10 mixes and I have to say this is one of the most versatile and best sounding compressors ever made!"Ron Harris. Producer (Christina Aguilera).
"When working with the Drawmer 1973 I get the feeling of working with a real analog device. It does its job very well without noticeable side effects. And that's exactly what I think is important for mastering."Arjan Rietvink. Chief mastering engineer (Armin van Buuren, Ferry Corsten, Julian Calor).
More control, more versatility, more definition—the Drawmer 1973 plug-in lets you micro-manage the dynamics of your sound with ultimate precision. And you can do it with the unmistakable analog feel of a modern Drawmer classic.
Make your mixes wider and louder, shoehorn a piano into a dense mix, or curb the temper of an unruly bass guitar. The Drawmer 1973 Multi-Band Compressor lets you dive into the details—analog-style.
The Drawmer Sound and Softube Science Solution
Carefully modelled on the original Drawmer 1973 hardware in collaboration with the Drawmer research and development team, and approved by Ivor Drawmer himself, the Drawmer 1973 plug-in brings the award-winning three-band compressor bang up to date.
Micro-Manage Your Dynamics
Mastering with the Drawmer 1973 gives you independent control over three frequency bands, often a miracle-cure for problem mixes. Pull out individual instruments, brighten the mix, or tighten the lows—or of course do it all! But the Drawmer 1973 is equally useful on single sound sources in a mix. Take away the boomy character of an acoustic guitar in a perfectly natural sounding manner. Control the low frequency dynamics of a bass but leave its top end alive and kicking. Or remove sharp consonant sounds from a vocal track without eliminating detail and clarity.
The Original Drawmer Hardware and Then Some!
Staying faithful to the look and sound of the original Drawmer 1973, we've added some extra up-to-date features to the plug-in, including Mid-Side processing and sidechain, giving even more versatile compression and dynamic control. So the Drawmer 1973 plug-in lets you play with the mid portion of a sound without affecting the rest of that frequency, or link the gain reduction to an external sound source.
The Drawmer 1973 has a great looking GUI echoing the look of the hardware original, is CPU friendly, and comes with useful presets to kick-start the creativity, but with enough control to add your own unique touches to any mix.
Ultra-versatile, sleek-looking, and with the sound quality of an analog classic. Designed by experts for experts: an indispensable tool for the modern studio.
- Three band FET compressor
- Gives you precise control of the sound source's dynamics
- Additional Mid-Side mode and sidechaining, not available on the original hardware
- Plug-in model approved by Drawmer
- Each and every component carefully modeled
- Presets from the Drawmer S73 are included, and more added
Version 2.0 of the Softube plug-ins have the following minimum requirements:
All Native Versions:
- Mac OS X 10.9 or newer
- Windows 64-bit, versions 8 or 10
- Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer
- Screen resolution larger than 1280x800
- 1 GB RAM or more, and at least 6 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space)
- Any VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (Pro Tools 10.3.7, 11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application
- Softube/Gobbler account
- Gobbler application to manage license activation and plug-in downloads
- Please make sure that you always use the latest iLok License Manager. It is not included in the Softube installer, but can be downloaded from www.ilok.com
- Broadband internet access for downloading installer and register licenses
- Windows XP and Vista are no longer officially supported
- All Softube plug-ins support both 32- and 64-bit hosts, although a 64-bit OS is required. Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo
- top rated
- top rated