Created for both musical use and sound design, Fractured: Prepared Acoustic Guitar is an innovative new collection of instruments featuring creative and esoteric samples and manipulations of various acoustic guitars. Following the tradition begun by Violence, Vir2's virtual dismembering of a solo violin, Fractured features 2.3GB of compressed samples and more than one hundred new instruments with numerous variations and effects built into each. Each patch features the organic goodness of the acoustic guitar, but stretches its timbre in new directions to create previously unheard musical effects. Drum kits were made with mallets, fingernail scrapes, metal scrapes, cardboard scrapes and pouring rice over the guitar. Long evolving pads were built from acoustic guitar samples that blur the line between electronic and acoustic. Fractured also features playable and dynamic rhythmic loops and patterns, multitimbral arpeggiated creations, huge cinematic impacts, gritty electronic drums, gnarly and etherial melodic instruments, and more innovative sonic goodness.
Fractured is powered by the industry-leading Kontakt engine. It is compatible with VST, AudioUnit, and RTAS (Pro Tools 8 and higher) plug-in formats allowing it to work seamlessly within any major sequencer, in addition to standalone use.
Fractured features a variety of controls which are custom-designed for each of its 104 instruments. The instruments are subdivided into five major category folders:
- Chromatic Kits
- Drum Kits
- Pads & SFX
- Tempo Synced
Depending on the instrument loaded, appropriate knobs for tweaking the instrument appear in the interface, such as:
- Envelope controls (attack and release)
- Stereo spread
- Lopass and hipass filters
- Layer blend controls
- Effects (reverb, delay, drive, flanger, vibrato, rotator, wobble, and others)
- Autopan control
- 2.3GB of Compressed samples.
- Over 100 patches creative and esoteric samples and manipulations of various acoustic guitars.
- Library includes the free Kontakt Player 5
- The Macintosh version requires an Intel Core Duo, 2GB of RAM, a DVD drive, and OS 10.6.8 or 10.7.x. For optimum performance, Vir2 Instruments recommends a 2.0GHz processor or faster. The library requires 3GB of free hard drive space.
- The Windows version requires Windows 7 (latest Service Pac, 32/64 Bit) Intel Core Duo or AMD Athlon 64, 2GB of RAM, a DVD drive. For optimum performance, Vir2 Instruments recommends a 2.0GHz processor or faster. The library requires 3GB of free hard drive space.
- Fractured will run in standalone mode and is also compatible with every major sequencing package in the world, including but not limited to: Apple Logic and GarageBand, MOTU Digital Performer, Digidesign Pro Tools (8 and higher), Steinberg Cubase and Nuendo, Ableton Live, and more.
You may also like
- top rated