- top rated
Get Extraordinary Drums in Your Music
Vintage Dry. ADpak expansion for Addictive Drums 2.
The 1970s were a golden era for rock, disco, funk and just about any style that relied on a solid backbeat. The drums were dry, fat and crisp—and it was good! Today, there is a revival of that 70s sound by chart-topping artists like Daft Punk, Miike Snow and Justice. With Vintage Dry, you too can have those glorious drum sounds!
We began by modifying Studio INGRID's 1968 Ludwig Silver Sparkle kit. We tuned and dampened the individual drums using authentic 70s methods: The kick was stuffed with a pillow and a large sheet of felt. Newspaper was taped to the snare heads and more felt sheets were pinned to the toms. To ensure sonic authenticity, we only used microphones from the 1960-70s (Coles, Neumann, Sennheiser and Bang & Olufsen) through the studio’s vintage API console.
Vintage Dry includes 30 mix-ready presets that give you instant access to a variety of sounds ranging from softer early 70s folk to punchy late 70s disco. The Addictive Drums 2 engine makes it easy to modify any of these presets to suit your exact musical needs. To help you find your inspiration, we've also created the Dry Beats and Songs MIDIpak, giving you instant access to inspired rhythms played by some outstanding session drummers.
The Vintage Dry Kit Contains the Following:
- 20x16" Ludwig Silver Sparkle
- 22x16" Sonor Phonic
- 14x5" Ludwig Supraphonic 400
- 14x6.5" Sonor Phonic
- 12x8" Ludwig Silver Sparkle
- 13x9" Ludwig Silver Sparkle
- 16x16" Ludwig Silver Sparkle (low tuned)
- 16x16" Ludwig Silver Sparkle (high tuned)
- 15" Zildjian K Hihat
- 18" Zildjian Thin Crash
- 19" Zildjian K Dark Medium Thin Crash
- 21" Sabian Signature Hot Ride
- 22" Sabian HH Extra Thin Crash
- Hands (Clap, Snap & Lap)
- Authentic 70s kit and studio
- Period-correct gear and techniques
- Fat, dry, and crisp sound
You may also like
- top rated