"It's a miracle that we can have these amplifiers in our laptops."Gareth Jones. English Producer and Engineer (Depeche Mode, Einstürzende Neubauten and Erasure)
"Sound-wise, the emulations should hit the spot for anyone looking for utilitarian and authentic amp sounds in the three favourite flavours."Computer Music. Music Technology Magazine.
"As with Vintage Amp Room, you get the sound of real amps in a real room, warts and all. Softube excel at this, but it's down to you to add any effects and processing."Paul White. Chief Editor of Sound on Sound Magazine
Vintage Amp Room
Straightforward and simple, Vintage Amp Room emulates three great and classic guitar amps in a complete studio set-up with speaker cabinets and fully flexible microphone positioning. It's easy to use for live performances and recordings, as well as for re-amping and last-minute tweaking.
The three guitar amplifiers we simulated in Vintage Amp Room are timeless classics that have deserved their place in the history of guitar based music. So instead of simulating tons of amps, we set out to get these three done right instead.
The amps are simulated in a true studio environment with fully flexible click-and-drag microphone positioning. So not only did we simulate the sound of guitar amps in a nice studio, we simulated the entire workflow.
Vintage Amp Room has none of the added gadgets or weird-sounding presets sometimes found in amp simulation software. It provides you with the ultimate tool to create your own guitar sound. Because after all, only you know exactly what sound you want.
Based on an all-round great amp that set the industry standard for classic, distorted rock n' roll sounds. The genius is its simplicity. It's stripped down to the bare essentials - all tubes, only one channel, and no reverb or any other built-in effects. Sound-wise, it goes from mad screaming preamp shred, to warm, speakers-about-to-break power amp distortion. Perfect when you need a characteristically distorted edge and a powerful roar.
One of the most versatile amplifiers in music history. It's been used in all kinds of genres, and for all kinds of instruments, thanks to a sound that is clean, crisp and clear, but also warm, thick and punchy. Brown can produce anything from the clearest country-style sound for steel guitars to a dirty, bluesy guitar noise. It works for both funky rhythms and bassy, mellow chords. It's got a notoriously warm sound with a massive bass and a shimmering treble. Versatility embodied, it can do more or less whatever you want it to.
Packed with character and produces a pleasant guitar sound with warm yet intense power amp distortion. Its edginess makes it shine through in mixes, without drowning out other instruments.
Green is based on a very adaptable three-channel amp model. All three channels sound fantastic, but if you want to add a little quirkiness, we especially recommend the vibrato/tremolo one. The original amp has been widely used during the last forty years, from classic pop recordings in the 60's, through to today's users, playing mostly independent and alternative rock.
- Three great-sounding vintage amp models
- Raw & authentic sound
- Real studio workflow
- Flexible & continuous click-and-drag mic positioning
- Fully automatable parameters
- 3-D rendered photo-realistic user interface
- Compatible with all effects that work with real amps
Version 2.0 of the Softube plug-ins have the following minimum requirements:
All Native Versions:
- Mac OS X 10.9 or newer
- Windows 64-bit, versions 8 or 10
- Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer
- Screen resolution larger than 1280x800
- 1 GB RAM or more, and at least 6 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space)
- Any VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (Pro Tools 10.3.7, 11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application
- Softube/Gobbler account
- Gobbler application to manage license activation and plug-in downloads
- Please make sure that you always use the latest iLok License Manager. It is not included in the Softube installer, but can be downloaded from www.ilok.com
- Broadband internet access for downloading installer and register licenses
Note: All Softube plug-ins support both 32- and 64-bit hosts, although a 64-bit OS is required. Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo.
AAX DSP version:
- For AAX DSP you need to meet the requirements for the Native version. You also need to have an Avid HDX processing card
- Different plug-ins will have a different load on your HDX card, please see the AAX DSP Supported Instances per DSP card for more information
Please note: Windows XP and Vista are no longer officially supported.
- top rated