- top rated
When in Doubt, Split It
Fission is the first plug-in to use our ground-breaking Structural Effects technology - A new method for processing audio. It allows you to split a sound into its transient and tonal parts, independently manipulate them using Eventide's world-class effects and then fuse them back together. With the ability to add effects and dynamic controls to the transient and tonal sections, you can produce a wide range of effects, from the subtle to the extreme.
- Split audio into “Transient” and “Tonal” components
- Radically re-shape a sound by soloing the Tonal and Transient channels. Tighten up drums by dropping the tonal section, or tune a guitar into an ambient sweep by losing the transients
- Split, modify and reassemble any sound
- Fine-tune the split using the four “Structural Split” controls
- Six Transient effects available: Delay, Tap Delay, Dynamics, Phaser, Reverb, Gate + EQ
- Seven Tonal effects available: Delay, Compressor, Pitch, Chorus, Reverb, Tremolo, EQ
- Waveform display for clear tracking of Transient/Tonal audio in real time
- Artists presets include Richard Devine, Chris Carter, Suzanne Ciani, Joe Chiccarelli, John Agnello, Stewart Lerman, Steve Rosenthal, Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith and more
Fission is a versatile tool for sound designers. Splitting and manipulating audio allows you to create and explore sounds never heard before. Remove transients from pianos or guitars to create bowed sounds,or go even further by adding extreme effects to the independent channels.
Fission allows you to easily re-tune a drum without affecting the transient. Delay the cracking transient of a rimshot while leaving the tonal ring as-is. Solo out the transients to tighten up a sound and add some compression to tighten further.
Fission’s structural split can be used to modify vocals in subtle or drastic ways. Emphasize or reduce sibilance, add or remove resonance, or turn robust vocas into whispers.
Fission is not a traditional transient shaper - it’s a transient separator. It goes beyond what has been possible by allowing you to surgically tune the transient and tonal response independently.
Remove unwanted tonal ring and hiss, or just reduce it with compression/expansion. Beef up the transients from old instrumental recordings to improve presence in a mix without squashing the life out of the tonal material.
Use various instances of Fission to morph and transform your loops using independent tonal and transient delays.
Explore The Structural Controls - Click On + For More Information
Explore the Effects - Six Transient Effects
- Delay - A standard Delay echo effect with Tempo Sync capability and low and high cut filtering
- Tap Delay - A multi-tap delay-line with Tempo Sync capability. Useful for rhythmic delays, wacky comb filtering, volume swells, or unique reverberant sounds
- Dynamics - A combined Compressor/Limiter and Expander/Gate (function is determined by Ratio control)
- Phaser - A classic multi-stage allpass based Phaser effect, which can be controlled via LFO or Envelope
- Reverb - A room Reverb designed with high echo density, imparting a fast and smooth build-up of reflections. This pairs nicely with transient sounds to create a sense of space without obvious echo slap back
- Gate + EQ - A Gate followed by a 3-band overdrive-able EQ
Seven Tonal Effects
- Compressor - A standard Compressor/Limiter
- Chorus - Multi-voiced chorus with randomized modulation
- EQ - A 3-band overdrive-able EQ
- Delay - A standard Delay echo effect with Tempo Sync capability, modulation, and low and high cut filtering.
- Reverb - A large space Reverb designed with lower echo density (compared to Transient Reverb) and targeted high modal density with little to no modulation to avoid a chorusing sound on the tails. This allows the tonal audio to breathe in the space, yet evolve into dense pad-like reverberant tails
- PitchShift - A 3-voice Pitch Shifter with +/- 1 octave shift per voice and an overall fine tuning control. Useful for retuning drums, creating harmonies, or micropitch chorusing/double-tracking all without transient slap back or smearing
- Tremolo - A standard Tremolo effect which is driven by an LFO in (optional) combination with the Envelope of the plug-in’s input
- FREE iLok account/ Licence Manager required
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10 (PC) / Apple OS X 10.7+ (MAC)
Available Software Formats:
- AAX, AU, VST
- Pro Tools 10 + (AAX Native - Plug-in Format)
- Cubase 7+ (VST - Plug-in Format)
- Nuendo (VST - Plug-in Format)
- Wavelab (VST - Plug-in Format)
- Logic 8+ (AU - Plug-in Format)
- Ableton Live 7+ (AU, VST - Plug-in Format)
- SONAR (VST - Plug-in Format)
- Studio One (AU, VST - Plug-in Format)
- Digital Performer (AU - Plug-in Format)
- Reaper (VST - Plug-in Format)
- GarageBand (AU - Plug-in Format)
Please note: No iLok USB dongle is required to run this software - only a FREE iLok account/ Licence Manager