- top rated
ENERGY is the product of a unique and extremely rare additive synthesizer from the early 80’s, the Digital Keyboards Synergy. Released in 1982, the DK Synergy was based on an extremely sophisticated additive engine for the time, derived from the nearly $30,000 Crumar GDS (General Development System) and famously used by Wendy Carlos on the original TRON soundtrack. In fact many of the Synergy’s presets were crafted by Carlos herself, who is noted to still use the synth to this day.
The Synergy had a short commercial run over 3 years, seeing less than 1,000 units produced as it was ultimately obscured by Yamaha’s runaway success with the far cheaper DX7. Actual production numbers are thought to be less than 700 units with very few of those surviving the last 30 years—making it an exceptionally rare instrument.
Rarity, prestigious lineage and pop-culture influence of the Synergy are only part of the intrigue. The Synergy was a conflicted instrument by design, especially for the time of its release. It offered an outrageous 32-oscillator sound engine with dual 16-stage loopable envelopes and a velocity sensitive 74-note keyboard.
At the same time it was built with extremely prohibitive editing functionality, to the point of making it appear as more of a preset player than its control laden contemporaries. While programming the Synergy was far from an intuitive process it was indeed possible, and the results were truly stunning, both then and now.
ENERGY offers a thorough and authentic sampling of the DK Synergy’s output, covering the gamut of timbres and thoroughly exploiting its capable sound engine. From FM-styled leads and keyboard sounds to evolving pads, bass and arpeggios, ENERGY provides a decidedly complex and unique tonal quality that sounds simultaneously vintage and futuristic.
With ENERGY you can explore a wide range of presets or sculpt raw samples into your own custom patches through an intuitive and easy to use user interface, all with the rock-solid stability and outstanding performance of the UVI Engine™.
Previously exclusive to the Vintage Legends bundle ENERGY is now available separately, delivering an undeniable hardware signature and the pristine sound quality UVI is known for at an incredible price.
- Extremely rare and powerful synth, immaculately preserved
- Programmable with performance optimized engine
- Now with expanded preset library
- Size : 1.06 GB (FLAC lossless encoding, was 2.3 GB in WAV)
- Collection : Rare Additive Synthesizer
- Content : 1 Instrument, 121 presets, 1,861 samples
- Sample Resolution : 44.1 kHz. Recording at 96 kHz
- Miscellaneous : Available as a free upgrade to existing Vintage Legends and Vintage Vault users
- Audio Units, RTAS, AAX, VST, Stand-alone
Supported Operating Systems:
- Mac OS X 10.7 and higher - OS X 10.10 Yosemite supported (32 and 64-bit)
- Windows 7 and higher (32 and 64-bit)
- Hard Drive: 7 200 rpm recommended or Solid State Drive (SSD)
- 4GB RAM (8GB+ highly recommended)
- FREE iLok account not necessarily an iLok dongle, just a free account
- Internet connection for the license activation
- UVI Workstation
Tested and Certified in:
- Digital Performer 7 & 8, Pro Tools 10 & 11, Logic 9 & X, Cubase 7+, Nuendo 6+, Ableton Live 8 & 9, Studio One 2, Garage Band 6, Maschine 1 & 2, Tracktion 4, Vienna Ensemble 5, MPC Renaissance, Reaper 4, Sonar X3, Main Stage 3, MuLab 5.5, Finale 2014, Sibelius 7
You may also like
- top rated