Want to bring energy and dynamics to your tracks? Looking for a complete wideband, multi-band and side chain dynamics processing solution? It's here!
This bundle of plug-ins includes our best tools to manage the dynamics of your audio tracks: Blue Cat's DP Meter Pro monitors the levels and offers unique ducking capabilities thanks to its side chain features. Blue Cat's Dynamics includes all you need for broadband dynamics processing, while Blue Cat's MB-5 Dynamix takes care of multiband effects. Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer is the perfect companion for these dynamics processors: it will let you create powerful multiband side chain effects. Finally, Blue Cat's Protector's simple yet efficient limiting capabilities completes the bundle.
All these plug-ins offer unique side chaining capabilities using MIDI or automation control. They can thus be used for a wide range of dynamics-based side chain effects.
Simply click the product's user interface for more information and to download a free trial.
Blue Cat's DP Meter Pro (DPMP) is a unique audio analysis tool: it combines very flexible and customizable audio meters with advanced side chaining control capabilities thanks to its MIDI and automation outputs.
Blue Cat's Dynamics is a full featured dynamics processor: it can be used as a compressor, limiter, gate, expander, waveshaper or all at once! The dynamics response of the plug-in can be tweaked with a unique two-thresholds system, and provides detailed visual feedback about its behavior.
Blue Cat's MB-5 Dynamix is an extremely powerful all-in-one multiband dynamics processor: it can be used as a multiband compressor, limiter, gate, expander, waveshaper or all combined at once, on any part of the spectrum. The unique dynamics processing section of the Blue Cat's Dynamics plug-in has been streamlined and integrated in this plug-in to process each one of the 5 bands separately.
Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer is a unique plug-in that splits the signal into several frequency bands and lets you mix and process them as if they were separate tracks.
Each band proposes controls that can be found on a mixing console, and more: bypass, mute or solo each band separately to isolate frequencies you want to work on, adjust the gain, the "stereoness" and the position in the stereo field. When manipulating the stereo image, a master mono switch also lets you check mono compatibility.
Blue Cat's Protector is a 0 dB stereo brickwall limiter with adjustable dynamics response. It will typically find its place on the master bus of your DAW to protect your audio output from overshoot, limit the general volume and improve the perceived loudness, thanks to a very transparent frequency response.
- 0 dB brickwall peak limiter and waveshaper.
- Continuous control of the dynamics response from transparent limiting to colorful distortion.
- Stereo link control.
- DC Filter to get rid of DC offset.
- Large zoomable peak and RMS audio levels and gain reduction meters for optimal monitoring.
- Loudness boost monitoring.
- Fully configurable dynamics response histogram.
- Side chaining capability: a unique way to perform side chain compression and much more.
- No latency.
Blue Cat Audio Standards
- Available as: Mac-AAX, Mac-AU, Mac-RTAS, Mac-VST, Win-AAX, Win-DX, Win-RTAS, Win-VST, Win x64-AAX, Win x64-DX, Win x64-VST.
- Native DSP code for optimal performance.
- Full MIDI control and automation support with silent, zipper-free parameters update, advanced response control and MIDI Learn.
- No CPU load on idle: when the plug-in is fed with silence, the processing smoothly shuts down, to optimize the CPU usage of your Digital Audio Workstation.
- Skinnable and customizable user interface with transparency management.
- Automation and MIDI output: record output parameters as automation curves or send MIDI CC messages to other plug-ins for powerful side chain effects.
- Smooth Bypass: activate/deactivate the plug-in with absolutely no noise.
- Full featured integrated presets manager.
- Copy/paste the plug-in's state between instances using the system clipboard.
- Any sample rate supported.
- An SSE2-enabled processor (Pentium 4 or newer).
- Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8 or 10.
- Any DirectX / VST / RTAS / AAX compatible host software (32 or 64 bit).
Mac OS X
- An Intel processor.
- Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11), Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10), Mavericks (10.9), Mountain Lion (10.8), Lion (10.7), Snow Leopard (10.6), or Leopard (10.5).
- Any VST / Audio Unit (32/64-bit) / RTAS / AAX compatible application.
I’m back with a small review of the Energy Pack from Blue Cat audio. The plugins included in this bundle are Digital Peak Meter Pro,...
Blue Cat Audio MB Dynamix Pack Five bands' worth of dynamic control and a multiband mixer Pros Clever ideas well implemented. Quality...
Blue Cat Audio Dynamics 3 A complex dynamics processor, but it sounds great Pros Fully featured dynamics. Flexible skins. Two compression curves...
I have downloaded and played around with VST plugins for years, and this, Peak Meter Pro, is probably the most exciting one I have tried for a...
It's a couple of years since we looked at Blue Cat's Original MB-5 and MB-7 Plugins as part of their Dynamix Pack (cm170, 8/10). At...
Why take five plug-ins into the studio when you could do it all with one? Hollin Jones uncovers the time-saving secrets of Blue Cat Audio's...