"The Tube Tech EQ is my go-to bass eq. Best thing ever on bass. Boost a little 60 and 1.5k and ya go! Dialed!"John Kerns . FOH Engineer for Sum 41, No Doubt, etc.
"The CL 1B is a true compressor for all seasons. I found it perfect for any individual track from bass to vocals to drums. It's a big winner for me and a major player in all my mixes!"Barry Rudolph. Contributing editor for MIX Magazine.
"A truly faithful and very exact replica of the hardware CL 1B. Finally it's possible to experience natural musical compression in a plug-in."John G. Petersen. Designer and president of Tube-Tech.
The Classic Channel is not your everyday channel strip, with a surgical equalizer and fast bus compressor. The Classic Channel is a vintage style and warm sounding channel strip put together from the most famous and classic Tube-Tech gear: The "Pultec" equalizer PE 1C, the mid-range equalizer ME 1B and the tube driven opto compressor CL 1B.
With the two Pultec-style equalizers you can shape the sound of a track, a bus or a mix within seconds. The highs sound smooth and gentle, the mid-range airy and focused, and the lows full and fat, almost at any setting. Add the final touch with the CL 1B compressor, versatile but with a distinct personality. Forget about precise and minute tweaks with 0.1 dB read-outs. The Classic Channel is about the good sound, and the way to get there is easy. Just turn the knobs and you'll see.
Combining the three units in a single plug-in makes adjustments easier, as you will often find that the compressor affects the equalizers and vice versa. By default, the sound passes the equalizers before the compressor, but you can easily put the compressor first with a single switch.
- Combines Tube-Tech CL 1B Compressor, Tube-Tech ME 1B Mid-Range Equalizer and Tube-Tech PE 1C "Pultec" Equalizer into one single plugin
- Individual bypass for each of the three units saves CPU
- Place the equalizers first and the compressor last or vice versa
- Classic Tube-Tech sound, created together with the designers at Tube-Tech
- Each and every component carefully modeled
- Modeled output transformer
- Extremely analog behavior of frequencies, phase, distortion, attack, release, etc
- Two EQ's and One Compressor - Easy user interface with four panels. Two equalizer units, one compressor and one bypass and routing panel
- PE 1C 'Pultec' EQ for the High and Low Frequencies - Use the famous Tube-Tech PE 1C "Pultec" Equalizer to set the highest and lowest frequencies
- ME 1B Mid-Range EQ for Focus and Presence - The Tube-Tech ME 1B Mid-Range Equalizer is a godsend for getting a modern and focused vocal sound or that extra bite in the guitar track
- CL 1B Opto Compressor for that Extra Punch - The Tube-Tech CL 1B Compressor is a true studio classic, used on everything from acoustic guitar and strings to rap vocals
- Bypass and Routing Panel - Bypass any unit to save CPU. Route the EQ before the compressor (the old school way) or the other way around (modern)
- Developed together with Tube-Tech - As usual, we have had the help from the bright minds and sensitive ears of the Tube-Tech crew. The original Tube-Tech Classic Channel is more than $8000 worth of hardware! A great inspiration and superb build quality!
Version 2.0 of the Softube plug-ins have the following minimum requirements:
All Native Versions:
- Mac OS X 10.7 or newer
- Windows 8 or newer, Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64 Bit)
- Windows XP and Vista are no longer officially supported
- Intel Core Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer
- Screen resolution larger than 1280x800
- 1 GB RAM or more, and at least 900 MB hard disk space
- Any VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (Pro Tools 10.3.7, 11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application
- iLok USB key (except for Console 1 and Mix Bundle) and the latest iLok License Manager (download this from www.ilok.com)
- Broadband internet access for downloading installer and register licenses
- All Softube plug-ins support both 32- and 64-bit hosts and operating systems. Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo
- Please, make sure that you always use the latest iLok License Manager. It is not included in the Softube installer, but can be downloaded from www.ilok.com
AAX DSP version:
- For AAX DSP you need to meet the requirements for the Native version. You also need to have an Avid HDX processing card
- Different plug-ins will have a different load on your HDX card, please see the AAX DSP Supported Instances per DSP card for more information
Please note: Windows XP and Vista are no longer officially supported.