"I used to wonder what the whole fuss was with Pultec-style EQs, but after trying out the Tube-Tech PE 1C and ME 1B I really got what it's all about. It just puts things where you want them without complicating things."Tore Stjerna. Watain, Funeral Mist, Ofermod and other black/death metal acts.
"Nothing is as important for the mix as the mid-range."Jesper Bo Nielsen. Tube-Tech
The real battle for getting a clear and vibrant mix is often fought in the midrange frequencies. The Tube-Tech ME 1B is a tube-driven passive equalizer that addresses the midrange—and only the midrange. So gear up, soldier and go, go, go!
The ME 1B is Tube-Tech's unique take on the classic Pultec MEQ-5 midrange equalizer. There's a lot of mojo going on in the Pultec designs, but the biggest mojo of it is that it is so well-designed that almost whatever setting you use, it will sound good.
Just like the Tube-Tech PE 1C "Pultec" Equalizer, the Tube-Tech ME 1B is a passive, tube-based equalizer. It was designed to accompany the PE 1C equalizer, and provide control over the frequencies that the PE 1C cannot adjust. On its own it's a great tool to shape the midrange of any audio material, and together with the PE 1C it becomes a versatile and full featured equalizer.
The user interface of the ME 1B is pretty straightforward. You have three different sections, the Low Frequency Peak, Mid Frequency Dip and the High Frequency Peak. The only confusing thing is that the mid section never boosts, but always attenuates the selected frequency. The other two sections, low and high frequency, always boost the frequencies. But as soon as you start to use the ME 1B in conjunction with the Tube-Tech PE 1C "Pultec" Equalizer you'll find that these equalizers complement each other perfectly.
- Pultec style mid-range equalizer
- Classic Tube-Tech sound, created together with the designers at Tube-Tech
- Each and every component carefully modeled
- Perfect companion to the Tube-Tech PE 1C
- Modeled output transformer
- Extremely analog behavior of frequencies, phase, distortion, etc
- CPU friendly
Version 2.0 of the Softube plug-ins have the following minimum requirements:
All Native Versions:
- Mac OS X 10.9 or newer
- Windows 64-bit, versions 8 or 10
- Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer
- Screen resolution larger than 1280x800
- 1 GB RAM or more, and at least 6 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space)
- Any VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (Pro Tools 10.3.7, 11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application
- Softube/Gobbler account
- Gobbler application to manage license activation and plug-in downloads
- Please make sure that you always use the latest iLok License Manager. It is not included in the Softube installer, but can be downloaded from www.ilok.com
- Broadband internet access for downloading installer and register licenses
- Windows XP and Vista are no longer officially supported
- All Softube plug-ins support both 32- and 64-bit hosts, although a 64-bit OS is required. Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo
AAX DSP version
- For AAX DSP you need to meet the requirements for the Native version. You also need to have an Avid HDX processing card
- Different plug-ins will have a different load on your HDX card, please see the AAX DSP Supported Instances per DSP card for more information
- top rated