- top rated
Peti is a unique VSTi, which uses hybrid FM synthesis technology to emulate the sounds of the Harmonium, a member of the Reed Organ family, also known as "pump organ". The Harmonium in its smaller form is widely used in north Indian music and, as derivation, in pop and rock music too for its full and sweet sound.
Peti is capable of emulating a wide variety of reed organ variations, as well as timbres which resemble instruments from accordians to pipe organs, and even the famous melodicas of reggae dub music.
Peti allows the user control over the emulated Bellows mechanism, with 11 different modes providing 'automatic' or manual pumping and appropriate modulation. It also includes two separate 'reed banks' for the widest possible range of reed organ timbres from its hybrid synthesis system.
Peti also emulates various features of the Harmonium, including the noise of air in the bellows and chambers, a 'musette' tremolo feature, and 'key coupling' allowing a single note to trigger two voices.
Peti provides full MIDI Learn features for each of its controls. Download the Demo Version now, including preset bank and help manual.
- Brighter: Adds more high frequencies in the timbre.
- Harmonics: Two different harmonic 'flavours' for each Reed Bank.
- Modulation: This parameter controls the overall amount of harmonics added.
- Resonance: This parameter sets how much physical resonance is modelled to simulate the wooden body of the Harmonium.
- Chorus: This parameter controls the effect which is often called 'musette' or 'tremolo' in accordian terminology.
- Ratio: This parameter changes the pitch difference between the two Reed Banks.
- Breath: This parameter controls the amount of 'air noise'.
- Keys: This parameter controls the amount of keyboard noise simulated.
- Volume: This parameter controls the output level of Peti.
- Pitch: This parameter controls the master fine-tuning setting.
- Velocity Sensivity: This parameter allows you to adjust the instrument's response to MIDI velocity.
- MaxVoices: This parameter sets the polyphony of Peti, from 1 (mono legato) to 16.
- Keyboard Coupler: This control emulates a mechanical 'coupler' which is found in some Harmoniums. It causes two notes to be played simultaneously by one key, with an interval which may be set to an octave, a fourth, or a fifth.
- Scale Changer: This control shifts the keyboard pitch up to 5 semitones up or down. This allows the player to change key but retain the same fingering, e.g. to play Eb major scale all on white keys.
Windows 32 VSTi, AU and AU VSTi for Mac OSX