- top rated
The Best Choice for Designing Top-Quality & Dancefloor-Crushing Kicks
The Kick Sound You've Been Looking For
The best choice for designing top-quality & dancefloor-crushing kicks.
PunchBOX is a virtual instrument designed for creating high-quality kick drum sounds. An equally vast and exquisite factory content delivered by industry-standard sound designers Sounds of Revolution and CFA-Sound gets you started in no time.
Synthesis & Sampling Shaking Hands in One Plugin
PunchBOX easily brings together the best of the two worlds. The expressiveness of synthesized sounds next to the richness and complexity of samples end up delivering top-notch, never-heard and dancefloor-crushing kick sound.
Each of the onboard samples is a little diamond in itself, crafted with professional experience, precious pieces of studio equipment, top-shelf instruments and vintage analog gear. The kick sound synthesizers, originating from highly acclaimed D16 emulations of classic Roland drum machines, were taken to the next level and customized to perfectly fit the purpose of PunchBOX.
The very heart of PunchBOX is comprised of four sound generators, each of them standing for a key component of the final majestic kick sound. Factory settings were created to allow influencing the sound in a unique, intuitive and inspiring way.
Vast Quality Factory Content
The best sound designers out there prepared an arsenal of 1100 samples and 800 presets suitable for pretty much all contemporary subgenres of electronic music. It's never been easier to keep up or even exceed the most recent trends in music production and sound quality standard. Organized using the reknowned D16 tagging system makes browsing for the right (base) sound easy, efficient and smooth.
An Effect Rack that Get's Your Kicks
Fulfilling you every need when it comes to taking a kick sound to the next level drove the PunchBOX dev team to create an effect rack with (almost) unlimited power. Switching effect order by simple drag'n'drop? Varying effect amounts with a simple click? Feeding an effect with only a small proportion of sound generator X? It's all in there! The greatest kick sound mangling tools at hand.
Intuitive & Inspiring Workflow
The PunchBOX dev team worked hard to offer you an interface that understands your needs – and not the usual other way round. You'll immediate feel like working with Lego and see how simple it is to just activate/deactivate/level the building blocks of a kick sound – and all of that only a mouse click, wheel turn or drag'n'drop away. Not feeling creative today? Not a problem, just browse through the perfectly tagged presets or use the random sound generator! This is an interface that understands your needs. Not the usual other way round. Get creative in a giff!
Up to 4 generators, operating in parallel, activated/deactivated independently
- Click - Sample-based, produces Kick accent
- Tops - Sample-based, produces e.g. hihats, percussion and noise
- Tools - Sample-based, produces almost full Kicks without sub
- Kick - Sample-based or Synth-based, produces the Kick's body. 4 synthesis engines for Synth Mode to select from:
- 909 Kick model
- 808 Kick model
- 606 Kick model
- Sine wave based Kick model
- Audio-to-Effect Send Per Generator
- 1 voice of polyphony
- Optional MIDI velocity sensitivity and pitch tracking
Built-In Effect Rack:
5 high-quality algorithms operating in series, may be independently turned on/off and reordered by drag'n'drop
- Bit Crusher
- Controllable Connection Point in the Effect Chain for the Generators’ Direct Output (Mixdown After)
Samples and Presets
Vast factory content designed by CFA-Sound and Sounds of Revolution
- 800 presets
- 1100 samples
- Suitably tagged
- Tag-based Preset and Sample browsers
- Preview option
- User may import own samples
- 7 preset categories (hierarchically ordered)
- Global / Master presets
- 909 Synth engine
- 808 Synth engine
- 606 Synth engine
- Sine Synth engine
- Bitcrusher Effect
- Distortion Effect
- MIDI Learn option
- Flexible Randomizer
- Direct Export function (export your final kick as WAV file)
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
- 2.0 Ghz with SSE (Multicore system 2.4 Ghz recommended)
- 4 GB
- VST / AAX compatible host application (32bit or 64bit)
Mac OS X:
- 10.7.x, 10.8.x, 10.9.x, 10.10.x, 10.11.x
- Intel based 2.0 Ghz (2.4 Ghz recommended)
- 4 GB
- AU / VST / AAX compatible host application (32bit or 64bit)
Please note: This is not a standalone program, so you need a host application to use it.
Every producer has their own approach when it comes to kick drums. Some pick samples from a concise bank they've narrowed down to a few choices...
The Scope: Kick drums are a fundamental aspect of modern music and the very center of many contemporary genres, so having great tools to address...
You may also like
- top rated