"The plug-in is mainly intended to be used on bass, drums and vocals, but creativity knows no boundaries."Boris Carloff. Czech musician, composer and record producer. In 2012 he released the Apollo Award winning album The Escapist, followed by Morphosis in 2014.
Valve Saturating Plugin Based on the Circuitry of the Famous U73b Compressor
Almost anything is possible in the digital world. With the right skills and technology you cn create absolutely anything you like... like the U78 Saturator. So we took the circuitry of the legendary U73b compressor and played around a bit to come up with some seriously satisfying saturation!
More than Modeling
To start with, we removed our award-winning U73b Compressor plug-in's compression function. Filters were added, together with the tone control, and, finally, a strong gain control completed the U78 Saturator. We kept the heart and soul of the machine to deliver the beautifully musical tube sound. The result is a saturator that sounds like no other. The U78 Saturator is even better than the real thing, being blessed with the things that dreams are musically made of.
- Gain - adjusts the input gain of the saturation circuit. (The higher the settings, the more rich the sound that can be achieved)
- HiPass - sets the cutoff frequency of the high-pass filter, which comes before the saturation circuit in the signal path. (The range is from 30 Hz to 800 Hz - turn the knob to minimum to turn off the HiPass filter)
- LowPass - sets the cutoff frequency of the lowpass filter, which comes before the saturation circuit in the signal path. (The range is from 1 kHz to 8 kHz - turn the knob to maximum to turn off the LowPass filter)
- Tone - controls the U78 Saturator's unique tone filter. (Lower settings produce darker sounds with more low frequency content; conversely, higher settings result in brighter, sparkly sounds)
- Mix - controls the dry and wet signal ratio. (The dry signal is delayed to match the wet signal path latency to prevent phasing issues)
The plug-in is mainly intended to be used on bass, drums and vocals, but creativity knows no boundaries. The presets for the device are prepared by experienced producers such as Baby Brown (represented in the preset list with BB initials) or Boris Carloff (BC).
- Mac OS X 10.9 - Mac OS X 10.12
- AAX 32b, AAX 64b, AU 32b, AU 64b, VST2 32b, VST2 64b, VST3 32b, VST3 64b
- Windows 7 - Windows 10
- AAX 32b, AAX 64b, VST2 32b, VST2 64b, VST3 32b, VST3 64b
Please note: U78 Saturator is iLok protected - the USB hardware key is not necessary. Only a FREE iLok Account/License Manager is required which is available at iLok.com.