BigKick – Kick Drum Synthesiser
- Achieve great bottom-end: design a drum that fits perfectly with your bass.
- A quick and frustration-free solution: cut out hours of hunting through samples.
- Get more out of your existing kick drum sample collection.
- Start from scratch or use presets from D-Product, the Freemasons, Kris O'Neil and many more.
- Combines synthesis for flexibility and samples for extra-character.
- Drag-and-drop: instant sample import and export to your DAW or Desktop. Drag finished samples straight out of the plugin to your host’s sampler. Or drag sounds straight from your track onto the Load Sample button to layer them with the synthesized kick drum!
- Flexible: Replicates most electronic kick drum sounds - with creative options to help you create the sounds of the future.
- Big library: Factory library includes >300 attack types and 110 presets
- Tuned kick drums. Set the pitch to match your bass-line, or play the pitch of the kick drum with your MIDI keyboard.
- Use your own samples: Easily integrates with your existing sample libraries
- Easy-to-use: Easier to use than any previous kick drum design tool. No complex envelopes to set - just sensible knobs for instant results.
- Auto-play: click auto-play for an instant kick-drum metronome. Get started jamming without programming a single midi note.
- Bonus samples: 100 free kick drums from the Loopmasters library come with the demo – yours to keep whether or not you buy the plugin!
- Creative options: Overdrive, three unique waveforms and a hard clipper.
- Two kick drum body models: Original (covering a range of styles) and tough (which gets a harder edged more electronic sound – great for trance and other clean, tight and hard genres).
- Safety first: A high pass filter helps you avoid nasty surprises in the sub-bass.
- Preset management: Great new preset handling features, including folder creation, renaming, easier preset browsing, preset-pack creation tools and much more.
- Fine-tuning: Built in EQ to make your presets sit right in the mix quickly and a punch control to tuck the drum into your mix, or have it leap out and smack you in the face.
Attack. Load your existing Kick samples to utilise their attack and character.
Body: Tone Generator to shape the perfect low end into your kick with detailed envelope, pitch and note parameters.
View: See your Kick Drum shape in real time then simply drag the sample straight into your DAW.
Audialize, Cutline, Daniel Daly, D-Product, Freemasons, Jamie Anderson, Jim Credland, John Lead, Kris O’Neil, Niche Audio, Rasmus Faber and Timo Garcia. With some extra input from Nick Sentience.
BigKick is compatible with most major DAW platforms, and is available for both PC and Mac.
Mac: Audio Unit 32-bit and 64-bit, VST 2.4 32-bit and 64-bit, AAX for Protools 10.3.6 and later. Requires OSX 10.6 or later.
Windows: VST 2.4 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows XP SP3, Windows 7, Windows 8. AAX for Protools 10.3.6 and later.
The plugin is 750 pixels high. As a result it may have minor issues in some sequencers on some netbooks or very low-resolution monitors.