BFD3: new levels of realism and ground-breaking features are combined with a revamped interface for the easiest BFD experience yet. Highlights include stunning new kits, mix-ready presets, modelling technology and much more.
BFD3: Evolved acoustic drum software
BFD3 is the third generation of FXpansion's flagship software acoustic drum studio: new levels of realism and ground-breaking features in an intuitive redesigned engine.
With stunning new kits with mix-ready presets and modelling technology for tom resonance and cymbal swells, BFD3's audio engine delivers uncompromising detail. The revamped interface has a new mixer and sound browser for the easiest BFD experience yet.
BFD3's all-new library is recorded in two fantastic rooms by engineers including Andrew Scheps, Rail Jon Rogut and John Emrich, giving you a diverse palette of drum tones out of the box. The sounds include a brushed kit and processed drum presets for fast custom kit-building. BFD3 also contains a powerful built-in environment for pattern creation and editing, complete with a range of performances by legendary drummers for effortless production of drum tracks indistinguishable from the real thing.
- 7 new kits recorded in 2 locations
- Includes dedicated rock, metal, jazz and brush kits
- More detail in less disk space
- Tom resonance and cymbal swell modelling
- Redesigned browser, streamlined workflow
- Faster, more efficient audio engine
- Extendable interface for larger screens
- New effects including reverb and DCAM EnvShaper
- Wide range of mix-ready presets with accompanying grooves
- Fully editable, improved groove engine
- Rudiments tool for easy groove construction
- Grooves by Steve Ferrone, Brooks Wackerman, Bobby Jarzombek, Peter Erskine & Stanton Moore courtesy of Platinum Samples
BFD3: instant results with unlimited depth
BFD3's interface lets you easily browse for entire presets or compile great-sounding kits while also providing the depth to truly sculpt any drum sound you desire. Presets can be moulded into new shapes by retuning, damping and changing the velocity response and many other aspects of the kit and also by processing the hyper-detailed multi-microphone sounds in BFD3's internal mixing engine. The built-in Groove section offers a versatile range of session drummer performances alongside pattern editing and Groove creation functions. Select from a wide range of musical drum rudiments and simply paint your own realistic parts.
A newly-recorded varied library
The new BFD3 library was recorded in 2 locations for varied room ambience and allowing as many diverse sounds as possible. Kits 1-4, recorded in LA's Ocean Studios, feature additional mono and hardware-compressed room channels in addition to stereo overhead and room mics, while kits 5-7 are stick, brush and mallet versions of a custom Mapleworks kit recorded in a clean and tight but vibrant room at Omega Studios in Rockville, Maryland. With detail levels of up to 80 velocity layers, rim-clicks and rim-shots for toms and bells and splashes for hihats, BFD3's sounds are more expressive than ever before.
Efficient engine with intelligent modelling
BFD3's new features reduce the impact of this high detail on your system resources. The library makes use of zero-loss compression for audio data stored on disk resulting in less strain on your hard disk, with decompression while streaming incurring minimal overhead. The new audio engine is more efficient and introduces modelled tom resonance and bleed for even more realism without using any memory-hungry audio data. The modelling augments and blends the kit together with a natural-sounding 'glue' which varies depending on the characteristics and tuning of any combination of drums, something that cannot be achieved only by using samples.
- Core2Duo 2.0ghz (or equivalent)
- 2GB DDR3 RAM
- 7200rpm mechanical hard disk or fast SSD
- Windows 7 or later (Windows)
- OSX 10.6.8 or later (Mac)
- Internet connection for authorization and downloads
- USB 2.0 port for installation
Recommended for high detail settings:
- Quad-core processor or faster (Core2Quad, i3, i5, and i7, or equivalent)
- 3GB DDR3 RAM or higher
- Dedicated drive for audio content
3 install options:
- 18GB, 27GB or 55GB disk space required