- top rated
Requiem Light is a professional virtual choir library for the full version of Kontakt, designed specifically for trailer, soundtrack and "epic" symphonic scoring work. This hand-picked 40-member male/female choir was recorded in one of San Francisco's oldest cathedrals with conductor Robert Geary. Originally recorded using multiple room position stereo microphone pairs, Requiem Light has been carefully mixed down and artfully mastered into a single well-balanced and truly optimized blend, providing quality, depth, power, tone and body, while remaining exceptionally light on system resources and delivering excellent ease-of-use.
The library contains sustains and polyphonic true legato, staccatos, ultra forte sustaining marcatos, a custom staccato phrase-builder, chromatic latin chants ("poly-sustains") with 3-part polyphonic legato, hundreds of choral effects (whispers, shouts, clusters, demonic chants, sweeps, consonants, claps, snaps, and more), tenor and soprano soloists and a unique collection of choral ambiences, pads and custom FX presets. Requiem Light is intended for users who want a professional choir library at their fingertips, without the usual performance and workflow tradeoffs of the 3-mic position original. It delivers a huge and rich sound right out of the box, without any of the usual mixing hassles. It's designed to excel, whether dropped into the most resource intensive orchestral scoring templates or used from the road on a laptop.
- Full 40-voice symphonic choir
- Separate Full Unison Chorus, Divisi Men and Divisi Women articulations.
- Live Cathedral recording, with a balanced ultra-wide stereo mix of a dozen microphones.
- 22 Staccato Syllables
- 16 Marcato Words (sustaining w/release)
- Vowel Sustains
- Polyphonic True Legato (fluid pp-FFF dynamics for Ah, Eh, Oh vowels)
- Slow tempo-synching chromatic sustaining polysyllabic Latin sustaining chants w/ legato
- Fast tempo-synching chromatic polysyllabic Latin staccato chants w/ legato
- Wide variety of classic and experimental choral vocal effects
- Ambiences, Soundscapes and atmospheric choral pads.
- Solo Soprano short polysustain full range chromatic phrases
- Solo Tenor short polysustain full range chromatic phrases
- 3960 Samples (lossless ncw format)
- 89 .nki files (locked format)
- 4.43 GB installed (6.28 GB uncompressed)
- 24 bit / 44.1kHz stereo compressed ncw format
- Format(s): Kontakt 4 .nki and lossless .ncw
- Works with the free Kontakt Player
- Includes a bonus collection of custom sound-designed special FX presets, as well as our favorite custom convolution reverb impulses and an advanced Kontakt user interface with full automation support.
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or later. 64 bit OS and host, dual Core PCU, 2 GB System Ram, 7200 RPM or Solid State SATA hard drive or better recommended.
- Intelmac and Mac OS 10.5 or later. 64 bit OS and host, dual Core PCU, 2 GB System Ram, 7200 RPM or Solid State SATA hard drive or better recommended.
- Requires the Kontakt Player Engine or full retail version of Kontakt 5.1 or later. Kontakt and the Kontakt Player fully support VST, AU, RTAS and AAX plugin standards.