- top rated
"Carbon Electra sounds gorgeous and is inspirationally easy to use."MusicRadar. The No.1 website for musicians, producers and DJs.
‘"It’s absolutely brilliant - My go to synth"Carl Cox. Dance Music Pioneer.
"I love its integrated distortion and edgy sound."Lowroller. Hardcore / Drum & Bass Producer.
4 Oscillator Subtractive Synthesiser Featuring Informative Displays, Editable Step Sequencer, Vocal Filter, Integrated Distortion and Analog Control
Plugin Boutique & S:amplify present Carbon Electra. Carbon Electra is a powerful and intuitive synth built by producers, for producers. It’s a four-oscillator subtractive synth with a modern feature set. It has been developed as an advanced learning tool whilst also being a powerful and easy to program synth. Being based on vintage analogue routing and featuring flexible modulation options including an editable stepper and note performer.
The graphical displays act as a comprehensive information tool aswell as an accurate guide to each parameter change. Best of all, it sounds incredible.
- Powerful synth engine that is easy to learn and use with no hidden menus
- 4 Analog style sync-able oscillators with adjustable pulse width, frequency modulation and multiple wave types including pitch-able noise
- Ability to run the amp section "too hot" into the built in optional limiter at the main output, creating a modern hyper-compressed sound
- Super flexible unison control ranging from subtle warmth to massive super saw or super square sound
- Multiple stereo width parameters allowing high precision control of the stereo field
Informative Physics Based Graphic Displays with Comprehensive Info Pane
6 Filter Types Including Powerful Vocal Filter with Filter Drive and Saturation
Simple, Incredibly Usable and Useful FX Section, Like Having a Bunch of Great Guitar Pedals
Editable Step Sequencer Can be Assigned to Pitch, Volume or Cut-Off Independently / Simultaneously with Various Wave Types & Edit Mode Allowing Node Creation and Line Curve
Over 600 Factory Presets Covering Sequences, Chords, Motions, Bass, Leads, Keys, Pads & Effects
Onboard Artists Presets By:
- Mike Huckaby
- Carl Cox
- DJ Pierre
- D Product
- Rob Lee
- Dom Kane
- Timo Garcia...and more!
- 'A very powerful synth with character of its own, the envelope step sequencer is one of the most clever additions I’ve seen.' Producer Spot
- 'A digital beast perfectly easy to approach, yet complex for your sound design needs. A focused instrument geared for the modern producer.' Ask Audio Mag
- 'Carbon Electra has a sonic richness, the raw oscillators are fat, buzzy and especially delicious in the lower octaves. The precision and clarity of modern VA synthesizers with the wild aggressive nature of an analog beast.' Bedroom Producers Blog
- 'The synth’s sounds definitely cut through mixes. Basses really bring the bottom end of mixes to life and some of the leads and incidental effects add angles to tracks I can only dream of.' MusicTech
- 'An easy to use synth with stunning visuals and incredible sound.' Computer Music Academy
- 'Directly from a future: a modern aggressive sound with best step sequencer ever and lots of presets from star producers.' Sound Bytes Mag
- ‘Carbon Electra steps up the game. This synth is a goldmine. Lush pads, wicked bass and leads that melt your brain.' Nine to Five
- ‘Carbon Electra is a great sounding, versatile, powerful and easy-to-use synth with a massive library of presets that will be an asset to anyone aiming to create interesting electronic music — it's great for novices and pros alike.’ DJ Mag
- ‘Carbon Electra does a great job on combining analogue features and modern graphical tools within one interface. Programmers should be able to create a wide range of vintage-style noises with it.' Sound On Sound
Carbon Electra is compatible with most major DAW platforms, and is available for both PC and Mac.
- VST 2.4 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows 7 SP1 (Direct2D) or newer
- Audio Unit 32-bit and 64-bit
- VST 2.4 32-bit and 64-bit.
- Requires OS X 10.6 or later. OS X 10.8 or higher is recommended
When I’ve fired up the Carbon Electra synth plugin for the first time, I’ve found myself at home! This is an analogue style polysynth....
Most of us who’ve been around a while will have noticed the massive increase of plugins on the market in the last five years. It seems like...
Plug In Boutique's latest offering is a streamlined yet potent single-pane virtual polysynth. Rather than recreate the dulcet tones of some...
The world has gone, it must be said, a little hardware nuts. While at one time we all thought that everything studio-wise was heading into our...
Directly from a future: a modern aggressive sound with best step sequencer ever and lots of presets from star producers. This is an aggressive...
Question: What's the difference between Carmen Electra and Carbon Electra? Answer: One is a glamour model and performer, the other is a four...
Plugin Boutique's latest offering comes in the form of Carbon Electra — an easy to use, four-oscillator subtractive synthesiser that a...
Carbon Electra (AU/VST) is a new subtractive synth plugin from Plugin Boutique, and with our reviews of its previous instruments being positively...
Also available in these bundles
- top rated
- top rated
- top rated
You may also like
- top rated