- top rated
"I'm really, really impressed with Modular and cannot believe it - finally a modular plug-in that comes this close to reality."Marco Klietz. A.k.a Marco Exarmee of END, German DJ and producer team.
"Over the years many have tried this concept, but this is finally the game changer I've been waiting for. With real world models familiar to me and patching that works the same way I'm used to."John Tejada. Electronic music artist, music producer, DJ and record label owner.
"The sound is immense and the sonic possibilities are endless. And at that price it's even more desirable."Steve Parker. DJ and music producer (Cocoon, Ovum, Planet Rythm).
Created in close collaboration with Doepfer, Softube Modular gives you both the sound, flexibility and expandability of a true analog modular synthesizer. But Softube Modular is more than just another virtual synthesizer plug-in—it's an entirely new modular synth standard.
As a Modular owner, the basic system gives you a great toolkit to start out with. It includes six modeled Doepfer modules and over 20 utility modules. But there is much more to discover. Additional modules from quality Eurorack vendors—starting with a range of units from cutting-edge manufacturer Intellijel—are available for separate purchase. More modules will continuously be made available. Owners of Softube's drum synth Heartbeat can add its instrument and EQ modules to Modular and combine them with any other modules. Softube's award-winning engineering team have modeled each analog module, component by component, and the resulting plug-ins are sonically indistinguishable from their hardware counterparts.
Welcome Experts & Beginners
Experienced Eurorack synth users will be right at home from the start. Modular's workflow is very close to the use of physical Eurorack modular synths. Add modules, connect them using virtual patch cords, adjust their knobs and switches to your heart's desire. Get MIDI connectivity with the MIDI To CV/Gate Converter and add any of the included step sequencers—unless you prefer using your DAW's built-in sequencer, of course.
To beginners, a modular synthesizer can be daunting at first. But Modular offers a wide range of expertly designed presets, immediately available to be put to use in your music. When you are ready to learn more about patching a Eurorack synth, the manual offers step by step patching tutorials that go hand in hand with the included tutorial presets.
Both experts and beginners will enjoy the included Performance modules. These give the user a limited set of knobs and buttons that can be freely assigned to control any parameter on any module in the current patch—making creative tweaking on the fly super easy and accessible for inspired studio production and live performances.
- Modular is a cross-platform modular synthesizer plug-in standard, which features authorized emulations of modules from well known hardware Eurorack brands
- True dynamic circuit-emulation—looks, functions and sounds like its hardware counterparts
- Basic system contains six Doepfer modules (A-110-1 VCO, A-108 VCF, A-132-3 Dual VCA, A-140 ADSR, A-118 Noise/Random, A-147 VCLFO)
- Basic system also contains over 20 Utility modules (such as MIDI to CV/gate, mixers, slew, sample & hold, switches, multiples, delay, offset, sequencers, clock dividers, logic and signal tools, as well as a Polyphonic MIDI to CV/gate module).
- Additional authorized emulations from Intellijel is available as add-ons (uFold II, Korgasmatron II, Rubicon). Many more modules from other quality hardware Eurorack vendors to be released
- Simple design of your own interaction layout with the Performance modules in classic synthesizer style
- Softube Heartbeat drum channels and EQ can be used as separate modules for owners of Heartbeat
- More than 200 quality presets included covering a huge range of styles and sounds
- Can be used both as effect and instrument for your DAW and integrates beautifully with your hardware Eurorack modular
- High internal sample rate within system enables true feedback
Modular Add-Ons (sold separately):
Version 2.0 of the Softube plug-ins have the following minimum requirements:
All Native Versions:
- Mac OS X 10.9 or newer
- Windows 64-bit, versions 8 or 10
- Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer
- Screen resolution larger than 1280x800
- 1 GB RAM or more, and at least 6 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space)
- Any VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (Pro Tools 10.3.7, 11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application
- Softube/Gobbler account
- Gobbler application to manage license activation and plug-in downloads
- Please make sure that you always use the latest iLok License Manager. It is not included in the Softube installer, but can be downloaded from www.ilok.com
- Broadband internet access for downloading installer and register licenses
- Windows XP and Vista are no longer officially supported
- All Softube plug-ins support both 32- and 64-bit hosts, although a 64-bit OS is required. Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo
How many of you had your music making curiosity sparked by a piece of hardware? For me it was a Korg Triton LE. It was set up with a pair of...